The Technician/Installer will facilitate the installation and removal of portable heating and cooling equipment, including coordinating with the end user for access and instructing the end user in proper use.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Technician/Installer is required to perform a range of duties including, but not limited to:
On the Job
• Loading, delivery, installation, and removal of portable cooling and heating equipment and accessories
• Assembly of equipment and accessories from inventory as required by a pick ticket issued for the job
• Understanding the nature of the project and especially the structure or area being heated or cooled
• Representing Cool Air in a confident, professional demeanor at all times
• Setting up of all equipment in a safe, effective and aesthetically pleasing manner
• Ensuring that the climate control equipment meets the client’s expectations
• Returning the job site to its original condition on completion of work
In the shop
• Upgrading or updating equipment and accessories in the shop to meet current Cool Air standards
• Learning the technical aspects of each product line and staying current on upgrades and troubleshooting features
• Facilitating the smooth transition of returning equipment through the cleaning, testing, and tagging as ready process that ensures its return to active status
• Working as a key team member and be involved in decisions to upgrade and change either equipment or procedures that will benefit both the customer and Cool Air
• Being able to quickly switch from working on equipment in the shop to delivering and installing equipment with little notice
• Being available to assist with the cleaning and washing of equipment and accessories during peak periods
• Maintaining an organized work space and conduct repairs and upgrades professionally and safely
• Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• High School Diploma (some post-secondary education in the Plumbing or HVAC field is desired but not required)
• Fluency in English is required; both verbal and written communication
• Plumbing and/or HVAC experience is required
• Class 5 drivers license with a clean driving record for at least 3 years
• Excellent customer service skills – positive attitude, highly organized, calm under pressure
• Leadership skills & ability to show initiative (proactive, self-driven, and results-oriented)
• Team player (cooperation, tenacity and adaptability)
• Ability to manage numerous tasks at the same time
• Energetic, enthusiastic and a willingness to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong attention to detail and high standards for quality output
• Ability to work professionally and efficiently
• Flexibility in approach to work
• Some flexibility in working hours during the week and manage the occasional on-call weekend
Note: Please be aware that this position has a heavy physical component that the successful applicant must be capable of handling.
• 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Overtime as required. Occasional on-call weekends.
• Entitled to 2 weeks of paid vacation time per year. Benefits package after 3 month probation.
• $20.00 + per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
• Cool Air Rentals Ltd. is located at 1407 East Georgia St in Vancouver, BC.
Submit your resume directly to email@example.com. Only applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted. Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line. Thank you for your interest in Cool Air Rentals.